Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sigh

Ever have days when it just feels as though you never really got started? I got a very little bit accomplished today, but for the most part, I couldn't really concentrate on anything (I do have a lot on my mind). I tried reading, and only made it about ten pages. I tried browsing the news, and ere long I was no longer interested. I tried video games, and ended that quickly; there was no joy there anyway. I tried listening to music, and found that pretty much everything annoyed me very quickly.

On days like this, I mostly hope that I don't say or do things which hurt other people (or myself). I was near the end of a 48-hour fast last night and had been doing okay when some frustrations I'd been dealing with finally got to me and I wasn't able to fall asleep. Cranky. That's the world to describe how I've been lately, though I've been trying to keep to myself so as not to spread it to others.

In retrospect, I should've forced myself to get some work done. A sense of having accomplished something often goes a very long way in curing crankiness. I've still got some laundry to sort which has been sitting by itself for a while now; that might help.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?