Sunday, August 22, 2004

You Know...

It can get pretty lonely sometimes. During my Freshman year, there were only two of us in the horn section who didn't drink, and the other guy never attended any of the events. Things have improved tremendously since then, with nearly a third of the section not drinking, but one incident did give me pause. I was looking at two of the girls, both of whom were pretty well plastered, and I realized that one was involved with Campus Crusade and the other girl came from one of the four strongly orthodox Episcopal churches up in Northern Virginia. I see things like this a lot; many (most?) of the people in my high school FCA threw wild parties, while I've heard plenty of stories about how some of the campus ministry groups will get drunk during their Spring Break missions/service trips. I mean, come on! I'm not a teetotaller by any means, but I won't drink around people who shouldn't be drinking. I'm just rambling now, but it's just frustrating when, as often happens, the people whom you think are your allies don't come through when you'd hoped they would.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?