Saturday, June 05, 2004

Bowlin' Bowlin' Bowlin' Rawhide!

I went bowling this evening with my parents at Ft. Belvoir, where it was Cosmic Bowling. Now, I'm not all that great, and I tend to bowl somewhere around 110 per game. I think my high score is about 150. Anyway, we had a problem. The lane was pretty okay, though my mom and I both think there was a very slight trench in the middle near the end. The problem was the music. If I'm bowling, I'd like either soft/nonexistent music or loud, hard stuff that gets your adrenaline flowing. What they had was the worst of both worlds: loud music that was, well, not good (the lights were also pretty half-hearted, though I know they've got the ability to go all-out). There was something of a mix of disco and Latin music going on. Gack. Even my parents were a little miffed. Now, there were some little kids there, and so I could see refraining from songs like "Dragula" and "Smack My ***** Up," but the most exciting songs they played were "Macarena" and "Superfreak." Oh, they did play "Who Let the Dogs Out?" at the very end, but by then it was far too late. We left fairly early; perhaps "Bad Touch" made an appearance later. Anyway, my scores were 119, 86, 138, and 100. Not terrible, but I have a tendency to synchronize my steps somewhat with the music (my friends joke that I step off, just like in marching band), and it just wasn't happening. Oh well.

Incidentally, curves are for guys who can't throw straight. I just thought that Drau and K+ should know that.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?