Saturday, May 15, 2004

Troy

*******WARNING: SPOILERS********

Okay, I'll make this short and sweet. I've read the Iliad and seen the movie Troy. The book is better. What did the movie get wrong?
-Menelaus dies
-Agamemnon dies
-Priam dies
-Paris doesn't die
-No Cassandra
-Aeneas is some random guy, rather than a prince
-No explanation of Achilles' heel
-No mention of the Chryseis/Briseis thing
-Helen doesn't go back to Greece

There were some other minor things, but these were the things that really grated on me. The last time I read the book was in sixth grade, but I remember enough to know that they played pretty fast and loose with the story. It was entertaining, but it would've been a lot better if I hadn't already known the story.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?