Monday, March 01, 2004

Newsbreak?

At my high school, there's apparently a big scandal that has yet to hit the press. Two students, a guy and a girl who had a study period where they worked in the attendance office, used their priviliges to alter their own and about fifty other students' (mostly or all Seniors) records. Students who had skipped enough classes to automatically fail had their records altered just before grade reports were sent out. The guy was the student leader for JROTC, and the girl was the captain of the lacrosse team. I'm deliberately not mentioning the name of my school because there's the tiny off-chance that this post could make it's way up to the bigger blogs. My little sisters are both Seniors, and while neither had anything to do with this, I don't know what effect this scandal might have on colleges' view on students from my old school. The people implicated are mostly the sort I never liked (stole school supplies, drank a lot, acted like they owned the school), and I honestly don't think they ought to be allowed to go straight to college after such an incident. On one hand, it might remove cheaters from competition with my sisters and other honest students. However, it could also persuade those colleges to steer clear of all kids from the school. I'm very tempted to contact the tip lines at local news affiliates. What do you think?

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?