Friday, March 26, 2004

An Anglican Disagreeing With a Roman Catholic! Hide the Guinness!

Not that I could drink Guinness right now anyway, it being Lent and all. Anyway, as much as it pains me, I'm going to have to disagree with TS O'Rama. Personally, I think the new building at Ave Maria University is absolutely gorgeous in design. To me it screams "ultra-Gothic," in that it takes advantage of modern technology to allow for the entire church to admit light, rather than just a few windows. Of course, I'd prefer more stained glass, but there are certainly limits to what we can artfully accomplish. My main concern, though, is that while it'll be absolutely lovely when first built and whenever cleaned, it'll look like a dingy greenhouse the rest of the time. And, knowing universities, it's going to look dingy a lot, unless they can spray it down with Tilex by helicopter once a week. Still, a good idea.

I mean, if you want awful churches, you don't have to look too hard

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?