Saturday, January 03, 2004

Football!

Side note: I still haven't really decided what the proper technique for linking. I mean, if I refer to a piece by another blogger, obviously I should link to it. If I'm citing an article, blog piece, or something like that, I probably ought to do so, though I suppose I could get away with "so-and-so said such-and-such." For things like sports scores, though, I don't know if I really need to. I mean, you can find ESPN or CBS' Sportsline without my help. If I tell you that one team beat another team, it's probably not unreasonable to expect you to believe me. That said; football!

It's been football-O-rama here at HokiePundit Lair. Unfortunately, Virginia Tech got beaten 52-49 by Cal. You see, if we had either a kicking game or a pass defense, we would've won. When you're going with a running game and an underperforming run defense, you kind of leave yourself open. Tech has won every other bowl game for a while now. In reverse order, we lost to Cal, beat Air Force, lost to Florida State, beat Clemson, lost to Florida State, and beat someone in the Music City Bowl. What does this mean? It means that we're going to win the national championship next year. I absolutely guarantee it.*

I saw Wisconsin lose to...um...Arkansas? I don't really remember. Michigan got stomped by USC, Miami eked past Florida State, Boston College beat...some Mountain West team (they all seem alike to me). Boise State, whom I dislike, beat another school I don't remember. Tonight, Ohio State edged past Kansas State. KSU's quarterback, recently accused of "sexual assault," seemed very off for most of the game. If this accusation turns out to be nonsense, KSU really got shafted. Memo to KSU quarterbacks: the night before playing OSU, watch out for girls with Ohio accents.
On Sunday, LSU and Oklahoma play for half the national championship (USC having already essentially clinched the other half). After that, college football is over for me until Virginia Tech plays USC in Washington, DC this coming August.

I'm undecided as to whether or not to do marching band next year. On one hand, it's a lot of fun, I get to travel for free, and it's nice to see us win. On the other hand, the band is getting increasingly declasse (yes, I know; it's my blog, and I'll speak the way I choose) and vulgar, it's very time consuming and I'll be taking 15 graduate hours, and I'll be one of the oldest people there. We'll have to see.

*Guarantee not valid unless claim accompanied by signature of person making such. Not valid in United States or US territories, neighbors, or nations having diplomatic relations with aforementioned United States.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?