Thursday, December 04, 2003

Free Song of the Day

Satan Wants Me Dead by Fire Engine Red, from the album "Change."

"When you're alone and tempted by sin
When you're alone reach out and pray
Never alone: God's always with you
Greater is He who's in me than he who's in the world
He's the God of love love love love love love love yeah"

Okay, let's be blunt: I've heard most of the rest of Fire Engine Red's stuff, and it doesn't appeal to me. It doesn't sound like this at all. Amazon thinks this is ska, but I don't really know how I'd classify it. I like the simple repetitiveness of it all, and think it's really catchy. I really like the touch the female vocalist puts on the third line of each verse, and the old-timey feel of parts of it are pretty nifty, too. It's a fairly simple song, and so this'll be a fairly simple review.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?