Monday, December 08, 2003

Finals Week!

I think we all know what that means. (For those who don't know, it means that I'm going to be up into the wee hours every night for a week, finding every conceivable excuse not to do my assignments, finally hashing them out four hours before they're due, and then getting an A- on them. It means logic trains such as "I feel tired; I'll work better once I'm rested. However, I can't focus as well when I'm not tired. Eh, I'll go to sleep anyway and see if it's different this time, unlike all previous times where I wake up and suddenly realize that I have 2,000 words to write and fewer than three hours in which to write them. Hey, I'm thirsty. I think I'll have a beer to relax, even though it always makes me want to go to sleep whenever I have one this late. OHMIGOSH, MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF!!! IT'S 9AM!!! I guess I'd better skip class and email it to the professor some time before 5PM...")

You would think I'd learn, but I haven't yet. Of course, I've still got one more semester of undergraduate work and four or five of graduate, so there's still so much time to learn. In fact, there's so much time to learn that it couldn't hurt for me to have a beer and sleep some more...

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?