Thursday, December 04, 2003

Be Careful What You Pray For

You just might get it. One problem I have is that under some circumstances, I'm very impatient (and under others, I can go on for a long time...odd). One prayer I have is that God would help me with this impatience. Well, I've been stressed lately because there was something I wanted really badly to have happen, and it didn't. Not only that, but I kept being told it would happen, only to have it need to be put off until later at the last second. I recently found out that it would almost certainly have to wait until mid-to-late January, which would mean I'd be waiting about three months for something that could reasonably happen in a few hours. Proverbs 13:12 says that hope deferred is bad for the spirit. However, I was overlooking the second part, which is that it is a joy when that hope is fulfilled. The best things in life are worth waiting for. Having realized that God heard and is working on my prayer, I think I'm good to go, though I'm sure there will be a few moments of despair. Just gotta keep my eye on the prize...

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?