Wednesday, November 05, 2003

It's Out There

TS O'Rama had a post today where he points to the lyrics of the Avril Lavigne song I'm With You, noting the hunger among people of my generation for something real and true (God). I've noticed this a lot, and, seeing an opportunity for a blog post, am running with it. What I intend to do is list several popular songs of the last few years (if it was on the radio when I first started listening to rock music in eighth grade, or later, it's fair game), include a snippet of the lyrics along with a link, and let you judge for yourself.

Everywhere - Michelle Branch
"Cuz you're everywhere to me,
and when I close my eyes it's you I see
you're everything I know that makes me believe,
I'm not alone, I'm not alone."

Praise You - Fatboy Slim
"We've come a long, long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have to celebrate you baby;
I have to praise you like I should."

How You Remind Me - Nickelback
"Never made it as a wise man,
I couldn't cut it as a poor man, stealing.
And this is how you remind me of what I really am."

There are a lot more out there (I don't listen to the radio all that much any more). It's telling to see, though, how people instinctively know what they need. Romans 1:20 (NLB) says "From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see [H]is invisible qualities- [H]is eternal power and divine nature." We as Christians need to do a better job of witnessing, both through our actions and our words when our beliefs are questioned. I'm as guilty of failing in this as the next guy, but we all need to improve.



Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?