Monday, June 09, 2003

Read Ye This

I know he posted it a while ago, but I've had trouble accessing Blogspot sites from my home (dialup) connection. I'm at George Mason University right now, blogging from class (I've already finished the assignment), where I've got ethernet. In any case, the links to individual posts aren't working, so you'll need to scroll down to the second post of May 21st at Dispatches from Outland, entitled "Thoughts From the Middle of the Night Department." He rightly points out that goal of life isn't to be healthy, wealthy, and happy. It's to accomplish The Mission we've been assigned. This life is only temporary; it's what comes after that's important. Think about it, when you go to the grocery store, you're there to buy your tomatoes, Sprite, detergent, and Polly-O String Cheese. While you're there, you're not going to build a house, find a wife (presumably), start a family, and start your own business. You're just on a trip, with pre-set goals. If you come back from the grocery store with a wife but no beer, your roommates aren't going to be especially pleased with you.

I went to Frontline at McLean Bible Church with some of my friends from the Virginia Tech Navigators last night. The message of the lesson was that when God calls us to do something, we should expect an interruption of our plans, an inconvenience, and often public humiliation and shaming. The example used was the Virgin Mary, who definitely experienced all three.

[I need to go now, but this post will be finished once I have internet access again]

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?