Saturday, June 28, 2003

Like Jake and Elwood...

I'm heading up to Chester on Monday for my internship. I'll be a teacher/counselor for the summer school, which is dressed up as a summer camp so the kids are tricked into thinking that they're having fun. Basically, I'll have fifteen kids from Kindergarten through fourth grade to mold in my own image (or Christ's, which is probably a better idea). They'll be doing worksheets and such to make sure they remember how to do fractions and spelling, while I'll be pretending that I'm playing down to their level when we play basketball. I'll be staying with Barry and Andrew, and am bringing up my Nintendo 64 per their request. I suspect that there's going to be some late-night Smash Brothers going on, along with Mario Kart and Madden, of course. I think I'll have internet access, though I'm not sure how often. In any case, I think it'll be hard work and a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?