Thursday, May 29, 2003

Notice

Apologies for the lack of posting lately. That which I could say is unimportant, and that which is important isn't sorted out yet. Until about June 27th, I'll be at home, taking a geography class at George Mason University and an art history class at Northern Virginia Community College while working on my French horn and basketball skills (I'm rusty with the former, and never had any of the latter) and working part-time at the animal hospital where I've worked seasonally for the past few years. My weekends are full of things like visiting friends and going hiking/biking. In July and early August, I'll be interning as a counselor/teacher at the school in Chester. Except for a little at the animal hospital, I'm not actually making money this summer, and am spending a lot of what I earned working in the cafeteria in order to intern. If the internship goes well, I'll probably apply to be a history and government teacher there for middle school and/or the new affiliated high school next door. It's a missionary position, so some of the next year will probably be spent soliciting support. I'm planning on taking a few education courses next year, and I may try and earn a teaching certificate or even a Master's. After that, I don't know what I'll do. I've considered getting an M.Div and being a military chaplain or rector of a church somewhere, though given my track record of switching interests, may or may not come to fruition. We'll see. I very much appreciate the support given to me already by my reader(s) and hope to have inspiration strike for some really good posts.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?