Sunday, September 08, 2002

Temporary Lapse in Not-Blogging

I know I said I was going to take two weeks off, but I really didn't feel like waiting to say this:

God Bless the Brits.

We're at a point now where the only countries we can really trust are the UK and probably Australia, though some others (Italy, Spain, Poland, Czech Republic) may be coming around.

Also, while I despise his domestic policies, I have to admire Tony Blair for standing up to his own party to do what he thinks is right. He was already in a shaky position, and this could cost him his post if it doesn't go exactly as planned (of course, it could make him more popular than ever if it succeeds). It also occurred to me that despite the fact that I strongly prefer to Conservatives to be in power in Britain over Labour or the Lib-Dems, I would vote for Blair if he was running in my district. There comes a point when you'd rather have someone you know you can count on when the going really gets rough then someone who simply agrees with you on the issues.

Again: Thank you, Britain. It's things like this that make me willing to get a job washing dishes so I can go back.

Oh, and Screw Canada. I hope your natives and the Quebecois revolt.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?