Wednesday, July 03, 2002

In the spirit of Independence Day, I'm temporarily rescinding my ban on writing about beer and declaring American beer the best. Granted, I've only had Budweiser, but it kicks the heck out of all the European beers I've had except Kriek. Carlsburg, Grolsch, McKewan's, Guinness, Stella Artois, Judas, and Maes have nothing on the King of Beers. Tsingtao, while Chinese, also sucks. Foster's is tolerable, and Strongbow's actually good, though it's a cider and thus doesn't count. Personally, I like Corona as well, but I suspect that it's primarily because of the lime. What does this tell us? It tells us that the Europeans can't even do alcohol as well as we can. We're now just as good or better in soccer, beer, and the Winter Olympics than every European nation except Germany. Rock on!

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?