Monday, June 10, 2002

Okay, some catch-up:

1. I had haggis in Scotland. It's actually not all that bad. It tastes kind of like scrapple, but without the taste of ash. It usually comes with neeps and tatties, which are squash and potatoes.

2. There's been some response to my Theological Foray #9 from Mark Byron, Mark Butterworth, and Kevin Holtsberry. I've read their posts, but I still need to consider it some more. I do appreciate them taking the time, though.

3. I forgot. I had something to put here, but it slipped my mind.

4. That's right, I was going to talk about the new Star Wars movie, Attack of the Clones and the Clonetroopers. Honestly, I had mixed feelings. In the big battle scenes, they were treated as just props to be destroyed at random. To be fair, so were the Jedi, which was a bad thing as well. However, there were some high points. We actually saw them talking, and it seemed as if we were seeing what good Stormtroopers should be like. One was blown out of the gunship along with Amidala, and not only survived, but made his way over to where she was and helped radio for assistance. On the other hand, when Obi-Wan and Anakin were dropped off to fight Count Dooku, two Clonetroopers got off with them. They mysteriously disappeared, which kind of irked me. Also, there were at least three ranks of Clonetrooper, and they all seemed to have personalities. It was a little eerie seeing all the little troopers in training, but not overly so. Overall, I think that a bright picture of cloning was actually put forth. (Via Mark Butterworth".)

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?