Tuesday, May 14, 2002

You know, the HFStival sucks this year, as it has for the past several years. I look at the lineup and there isn't a single major rock band on there. The closest I see is Eminem, but he's rap (since he's white, though, he gets played on the Modern Rock stations). I mean, years past had Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, 311, and even Jane's Addiction. Now we get Hoobastank. I've never even heard of them, but their name gives me the distinct impression of filthy hippies who smell like (among other things) burnt rubber. Alien Ant Farm did an excellent cover and music video of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal. I liked that one song by Papa Roach and that other song by Goldfinger, but...well, I'm sure you see where I'm going with this (not to mention that Goldfinger's hit was when I was in 8th grade). I want to know what's happened to the music on the radio that these [dumb] kids are listening to (ending a sentence with a preposition isn't actually a violation of grammar, though I'll bet you were told so). If the best you can come up with to play is Limp Bizkit, we have a problem. Apparently the Gin Blossoms, Cake, any form of ska or punk, and any Sublime except "What I Got" don't have enough pissed-off angst for radio play. Seriously, all I hear now is Limp Bizkit and Blink 182 (who've made a lot of money off playing the exact same frikkin song over and over with different lyrics). Are the people four years younger than me really this stupid, or are they being manipulated. I've seen evidence both ways, so I'm not sure.

HokiePundit: When you absolutely, positively need rants about the good old days from a teetotalling 19-year old virgin.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?