Thursday, May 16, 2002

Yes, yes, I saw the new Star Wars movie, who wants to touch me? I SAID WHO WANTS TO #^$(@ TOUCH ME?!?

Okay, my rating system is as follows: if I like it, I give it a star. If not, I don't. I give Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones a star. It wasn't incredible. I wasn't blown away. It's not the best of the Star Wars movies. Still, it was entertaining. Samuel L. Jackson is Shaft-tacular. Yoda's lost the sideburns and does some serious whoopin'. There are plenty of pretty special effects, and we get to meet Boba Fett for the first time. Jar-Jar is minimized. The courting goes on a bit too long without a fight, but it's not like it's Pearl Harbor or anything. Now, many people seriously dig Natalie Portman. I'll admit, she's cute. However, that's it. Anakin is, well, kind of like how you'd expect a petulant teenager to act. Kind of smooth, kind of not. Ewan McGregor is, of course, outstanding. I liked the fight scene with Darth Maul from Episode I better than the fight with Count Dooku, but it wasn't bad, either. Star Wars addicts are going to consider this movie further proof of God's existence, mild fans such as HokiePundit are going to think it was pretty good, and your average movie-goer will think it was an entertaining way of spending $7.50.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?