Tuesday, April 02, 2002

Probably because it's very late at night and I don't feel like going to bed, I'm going to ramble.

It just occurred to me how wonderful this blogging thing is. When I first started, I doubted that more than a very small handful of my close friends would read it. According to my hit counter, I'm getting an average of something like 80 hits a day (some are repeats, but it's still at least 40 different people), which blows my mind. That people far older and wiser (not necessarily connected, but it helps) than I take the time to read, consider, and respond to what I write is very humbling. Through my interactions with other blogs and bloggers, I've learned far more about politics and especially religion than I possibly could've on my own, and in a very short time. Virtually any topic you care to discuss will have several bloggers who are experts on it. We've got professors, priests, a seemingly inordinate number of homosexuals, computer programmers, college students of all majors, housewives, Jews, Christians, Muslims, atheists, Americans, Canadians, Brits, Norwegians, Israelis, Indians...everything. If I wanted to discuss 14th century Swiss art, I bet I could find someone who knew all about it with little trouble. I know I'm rambling, but I just wanted to offer my sincere thanks to everyone out there who has contributed to all this, and especially to those who've taken the time to help and interact with me.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?