Monday, April 08, 2002

By way of VodkaPundit, John Scalzi's analysis of the numbers in blogging is pretty good. Speaking for myself, I've got no clue how many regular readers, occasional readers, or one-time visitors I have. If you look at my hit counters, the green one is supposed to be total hits, and the red one is supposed to be total visitors (feel free to check my last 50 visitors, find your own IP address, see where most of my hits come from, etc.). However, I know both counters are off. Sometimes I get two hits in a row from the same person from the same source, and since my own hits are in red, I know that I've been recorded several times. It's gotten to the point where I can sometimes tell exactly who a particular visitor is just by their IP address (I'm looking right at you, Brian Lee, Cap'n, Sarge, Ben, and several others). Somehow, I'm getting over 100 hits a day (my theory is that I've accidentally coded something addictive into my Template), but I don't know how many of them are repeats. In any case, I'd like to thank you all for feeding my ego by coming back, and invite you to send me any topics (especially theological) that you'd like to see me try to tackle.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?