Thursday, January 31, 2002

I don't know what to make of this story from the AP wire. My first reaction is to of course be shocked at the tragedy, and to hope that the baby will survive. However, the chain of events that led up to this are even more shocking. Firstly, it says that the girl may not have known that she was pregnant. What the hell? I never have been and never will be pregnant, but from what I've observed, it's pretty obvious. "Hey, I just gained thirty pounds, am throwing up all the time, and I've been having sex. I must have the flu." My first thought was that she must be vastly obese, as that's the only plausible explanation I can think of for not noticing that you've got one in the oven. However, the piece goes on to state that she was an athlete, which discounts that theory. The only thing that I can imagine is that the girl didn't want anyone else to know what had happened to her, or that she was delusional. If you've got a baby physically exiting your body, you're going to notice, and the only way you wouldn't say something is if you didn't want anyone to know. I'm told that childbirth is one of the three most painful things a human being can experience, and many women ask for anaesthetics during delivery. Wouldn't this girl have been screaming? I'm sorry if I'm just repeating things, but I'm stunned that this could happen.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?